How to set up Google Tag Manager on your landing page
The Google Tag Manager container snippet (a tag) is a small piece code loads with your landing page. It works together with Google Analytics and allows you to collect data and event on your landing page such as:
- monitor form submissions
- track how people arrive at your site
- monitor link clicks
- track the scrolling
- and other events
To start, you’ll need a Google Analytics account.
Create a Google Tag account for your landing page
- Log into your Google Analytics account and go to Google Tag Manager.
- Add a new Google Tag Manager account for your landing page.
Connect your Google Tag account to Ptah
- Click the Settings icon on the top menu. Choose the Integrations tab and click the Google Tag icon.
- In the GTM container ID field, enter your GTM container ID from your Google Tag account.
- Click Apply.
Create a tag with Google Analytics
For example, this video by Google shows how to notify Google Analytics anytime someone views your landing page: